Thursday, June 14, 2007

Red Herrings

Oh, I see our troll is back. With my very first post. Well, I will leave the comment up. It is so ridiculous in and of itself it defines the entire R-1 movement.

Well, I have to say I do still live in San Pedro.

Secondly, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Mine is that San Pedro continues to suffer from the lack of jobs and a vibrancy brought about by new business while supporting existing ones.

The only major new business is going to be Target. Not everyone working there will be able to afford a home, yet I'm certain some of their employees will and would rather live locally.

Housing creates jobs. Immediate jobs. Just ask the unions. Why do you think they are negotiating so hard with Bisno Development. Sure it isn't 20 years of jobs, but it's a five year buildout minimum. Who knows what happens during that time. But don't not plant the seeds because of pre-conceived idea that nothing will come of it. The only thing for certain is that it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy if you don't even give it a chance.

I'm certain the businesses along Western would love more volume. That means more jobs. The same goes for the merchants downtown. We've got a nice little start, we just need more people to be frequenting the new and existing shops to give them more stability.

Third, do you notice how our troll accuses me of lacking ethics and accuses me of being paid off with absolutely no evidence, while saying nothing about how their own person broke the law by releasing confidential information. But this is his/her tactic. Sigh... some people just cannot spew enough bile. I guess they did not read what I wrote about "intelligent" discussion.

Tom Field

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You claimed to be a business owner in San Pedro...what about that Tom?
And by the way, I don't need to know who you are or where you live to know what you are up to. Gee, you dedicated a whole post on me....I'm flattered.

Tom said...

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and to take care of their family. My situation leads me to beleive Ponte Vista will be good for the community.

Why is it so difficult for you R-1er to accept that? Everyone is not going to think exactly as you do.

Whether they agree or disagree with either you or me, at the end of the day they are still our neighbors. So let's be a bit more civilized in our discussions.

Tom Filed

Anonymous said...

How much more civil can I be? You make a whole post based on me and R1 supporters where you call me a troll and suggest I'm not intelligent and spewing bile??? I'm uncivilized?
The point of you being a small business owner in San Pedro is very significant. Simple logic would suggest to most "intellegent" people why you are sooooo supportive of inflating our population in San Pedro. You see $$ in population growth. I can't blame you, but you need to come clean. It's good for you, but not for the rest of us who just live here.

Tom said...

As I explained before to Mark Wells, a "troll" is someone who lurks around a blog leaving unwanted, off-topic comments meant to insult the blogger and induce a reaction.

You fit the definition. Now please go away.

You continually assume facts not in evidence. I never said I was a small businees owner. I said I supported small business owners. Please comment on what I (or others write) not what is in your imagination.

Tom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

No one is going to be able to afford ponte vista on a target salary.

What makes you assume that the construction jobs generated by ponte vista will go to San Pedrans?

What business owner wouldn't love more volume along western? Seems like an obvious point. As obvious as say, what individual would want more traffic volume along western? It is WAY to crowded already Tom. Do you drive western regularly?

Anonymous said...

Oh another thing...Look at how you responded to my initial question about your claim to be a small business owner: "Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and to take care of their family." That response would suggest to me that you do own a small business in San Pedro. Now, I guess, you take that back.
Let's face it, Tom, it's about the $$, and not about the good of the community.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

**QUESTION REGARDING TOM BEING A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER**

Tom says today:
"I never said I was a small businees owner." "Please comment on what I (or others write) not what is in your imagination."

aNOnymous found, from Tom, on Mark’s blog early December ‘06:
"Mark,
I barely know where to start.
First let me answer to the anonymous posters who want to know who I am. No I am not on any Advisory Board, nor am I an employee of the developer. I have been here running my own business since 1976. But it seems anyone who dares to disagree with the consensus of this blog is automatically assumed to be someone who is being paid off. It is ironic that while I actually use my name, these folks are anonymous."


Running his own business since 1976....hmmmm. I think we know Tom's motivation. I feel moderation coming....

P.S. - As I said before, Tom, I don't blame you. It's good for the local business owners, but not good for those of us who just live and raise our families here. Happy Fathers Day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.