Friday, July 6, 2007

failed experiment

I'm sorry to say that despite my best efforts, an un-moderated forum cannot be maintained. There is that small band of fanatic lunatics who cannot prevent themselves from tagging this blog.

I know it doens't matter to most of you, but it matters to me. Most of you can merely read past the garbage and continue. Yet it matters to me. Not the tagging itself, but rather the hatred which drives it. I've seen it too often in life. Hatred against anyone or anything which is differs from the status quo. I have no intention to subject myself to them again if there is a way to avoid it.

I'm still going to have to read the hatred whilst moderating, but at least it will not contaminate this blog.

I had such hopes that, given an open forum, people could set aside their predjudices, hatred and vitriol for at least a few minutes to write from their hearts. To write what they thought might make us a better town. It doesn't look as if the people of San Pedro are capable of this. What a pity. It makes me sad.

I know it is a mininscule portion of the population. That is normally the way it is. The cowardly crazies will not give us a break and this is a real pity. They even go over to Mark Wells' blog posing as me, just to stir the pot. I do not know what Mark will do to solve the problem. I hope he finds a viable, workable solution so he can continue to get his message and point-of -view out to the public. I wish him good luck.

Everyone is entititled to their opinion. He has always been courteous and allowed me to express mine, all I can do is attempt to return the courtesy.

Now, with this post I have to enter a phase where everything must be moderated. My sincerest apologies. Yet I hope my posts present enough interesting ideas for you to return and peruse their contents.

Tom Field

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.