Wednesday, July 4, 2007

debunking misinformation

Wow! An entire post on Mark Wells' blog talking about me. I'm flattered. Seriously.

• But I think Mr. Wells' statement that he is flattered is disingenuous. He forgets that I started my blog after it became obvious I was a minority on his. As a courtesy I stopped commenting on his and started my blog so that serious discussions about compromise situations could be discussed without interrupting the flow of anti-Bisno venom on his blog.

But still I get criticized for not "compromising". Even though I came out squarely against the new proposal. And just because I kept my total number of units the same, but adjusted the mix to include more senior units. The number of 1,700 is a good one. Anyone with half a brain knows that when it comes out of City Planning it would not be 1,700. I don't think they have ever recommended more than an applicant has ever asked for. Can anyone else?

"Compromise" in Mr. Wells' definition is that I did not come down to 429 units. But in reality "compromise" would be somewhere between 429 and the 2,300 originally proposed. Geez, maybe I should ask a math teacher, but it seems to me 1,700 is between those two numbers. Perhaps I'm wrong and that "new math" they were teaching some years ago holds the answer.

• Regarding my "anonymity"... Given the vehemence of the vitriol directed towards Linda D'Ambrosi, Joe Donato, other Ponte Vista supporters, and comments left on my blog, can anyone honestly expect me to step up and say "Hi, I'm Tom Field"? Would you subject yourself to the stupidity which would ensue?

How does my face remaining unknown affect the truth of the empirical data?

• As far as my letter to the Daily Breeze, as I've said before, I just knew that Steve Marconi, Doug Epperhart, or Mike Carroll would be combing through the files and reveal what was supposed to be confidential information for use of the Daily Breeze only. So I took an extra step to protect my personal information. What is wrong with that? With as rabid as these R-1 thugs are, I'd wake up one morning with my house covered with their damned signs. No thanks.

• You know Mr. Wells, if you don't want to be "attacked" then don't say completely stupid shit, like:

"...if at some point in the future, many of the operations of the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach were moved south of our nation's border?..."

Are you serious? Did you even think about this sentence before you wrote it? It is too ridiculous to describe. Although there is a chance it could happen. That would be about the same time as we annex Baja to the rest of California.

• Slurs against Joe Donato because he won the Honorary Mayor contest, just because he is a Ponte Vista supporter. Slurs against Dr. Vladovic because accepted Bisno's endorsement. If you don't want to be the target of "attacks", then don't slander people with no proof. You reap what you sow dude.

• Posting only part of the letter from Bisno, classifying it as a "threat", and then rebutting the points taken out-of-context without letting the readers see the entire thing for themselves so they could make informed decisions.


Another example of you not bothering to think things through. If you build a 20 unit apartment building, it obviously is not going to generate enough income to justify a pool, work-out room, recreation center etc.. What makes you think a housing project like Ponte Vista is any different? You are already bitching about how high the HOA fees would be (even though you would never live there and therefore don't have any right to bitch). The maintenance for all the amenities laid out in Bisno's last plan have to be calculated prorata into the sales prices and the HOA fees. There is only so much load they can take. A smaller development would mean less amenities. It is just a reality of real estate development.

"...KB Homes posted a second quarter loss of income, due to the inventory of units left unsold. This problem is due to the housing slump the area is in..."

Yeah, and?....... What area is that Mark? Did you know KB Homes builds in 16 states and in France? Where exactly was the unsold inventory?

Oh yeah. One more point. Did you stop to consider KB Homes builds detached single family homes? Don't you think that might be a critical detail to tell people in your post? Maybe that is why Bisno isn't building any detached SFRs but rather what people want. You are comparing apples and oranges. His people obviously did their homework. You obviously did not.

But that is your typical methodology. Anything to muddy the waters and confuse people into thinking Ponte Vista is going to be bad for San Pedro.

• Lastly. I don't know whether to feel sorry for you because your connection to reality is so tenuous; or to say "Man that shit you're smokin' must be really great. Can I get some?"

Either way, your 15 minutes are almost up.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.