Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's called "Sarcasm"

A Letter to The Editor of More San Pedro by Ted Carlson was severely criticized in another blog.

Given it is no secret I am not favorable to the R-1 gang, I wanted to give my opinion of his letter and the resulting criticism. I promise to not be verbose.

By the time I finished reading the letter, I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. It is one of the most hilarious parodies I have read in a long time. I don't believe anyone with half a brain could have read the letter and thought Mr. Carlson was in earnest. Anyone who did, takes themselves way too seriously. The letter does a great job of underlining the ridiculousness of the claims of the R-1 gang.

1 comment:

ted.carlson said...

Tom,

Thanks for the props. I'm glad that there are some people out there who can tell a caricature when they see it.

Wow, for all the indignation the R-1 gang showed because of a simple letter, they'd better stay away from any Comedy Club for fear of a coronary!

Hope to finally see some reasoned, rational discussion of the facts.

Ted Carlson